Saturday, January 4, 2014

Guitar Road Report - reintroduction et al......

I started doing this blog over a year ago, then promptly forgot about it and pushed it to the back of the dust bin in my head. In that time I have added another 500,000 miles to my frequent flyer status, done 200 more shows in every Continent but Antarctica and traveled around the Globe 3-4 more times. I shake my head in amazement that once again - Guitars - are the reason for this - plain and simple. So... allow me to reintroduce this blog and make a wholehearted attempt at resurrecting something that just barely got off the ground and within the first two posts saw quite a bit of traffic......  I have been a touring Guitar tech, Tour manager, Production Manager, Stage Manager, Sound Engineer, Audio Tech and Artist Relations representative for an accumulated 30+ years. But, mostly I have just been a guitar repairperson for the majority of it all. Too many years to think about really. So, this will be a blog about guitars, guitar related gear, tales from the road and from home..... this could go anywhere on a day to day basis..... Because of these beautiful pieces of wood, I get to travel all over the world and work with many of my musical heroes. I have been very fortunate to have worked with some of the greatest touring Crew people in the biz and continue to (even after all these years) meet and work with new upcoming, passionate Artists and Guitar enthusiasts. Join me for a (hopefully daily) look at what road life is like. What new and old gear I get to try and have tried, as well as the reasons why I do and or don't find them to my liking! I'll try to give my meager unabashed opinion on general music industry news and views.....But all in all I will try to just entertain and educate folks on what has been my passion since I was six years old staring at the TV and hearing John Lennon sing "I Want to Hold Your Hand" on the Ed Sullivan Show that Sunday evening long ago.... So here's to many stories to tell and many more to come! 
Follow me (if you so desire) on Twitter - @coloradoxmoo or Instagram - JohnMooy
And please suggest topics and/or comments/questions about guitars and gear..... I love hearing about new and old gear so anything you may have to add (i.e. posting photos, giving a subjective critique, relating a guitar oriented story) is always appreciated and welcome. Is this a diversion from the crazy world we live in to the wonderful insulated escapism world of stringed wonders? You bet your sweet bippy it is!

Travel safe!
Moo





No comments:

Post a Comment